Anyway, a lot has happened in our little house the past few weeks. I went back to work and as always, the beginning of the year is pretty hectic. Teacher life slows down around November, so the weekends are a nice break. This is when job-sharing is wonderful, but we never get everything accomplished. However, in saying all this, we do have a wonderful class this year and they make it all worth every busy minute.
On the first day of Kyle's school, our first furbaby, Cole went to Heaven. John and I have dreaded this day for many years, but we didn't realize the magnitude of how it's affected our kids. It's been hard, but I'm glad they aren't any older. I spend many nights, comforting K and K, and we spend many nights looking for the "right" puppy to join our family. Seeing my kids grow up is always bittersweet and Kyle was weepy on his first day. I had a difficult time comforting him because I was struggling with the loss of Cole and we didn't want to break the news to him before his first day of 1st grade. I'm happy to report that Kyle loves 1st grade, but he still loves being at home on "stay home" days.
Natalie turned 16 months old-where has the time gone? We love watching her grow and change daily. When we went to her 15-month check-up, Dr. Bays didn't hesitate and sent her straight to physical therapy. So, here we are, going to PT every week for now. Hopefully, after this next week, we will begin going every other week. Miss Wendye is wonderful! She's very honest and firm. Miss Natalie is progressing and we are satisfied with how much progress she's making in such a short amount of time. In other news, she is down to the 25th percentile for height and weight. We knew being a Hurt, her height wouldn't stay at the 75th percentile! Dr. Bays said she was holding out hope, but with this last visit, she dropped to where the Hurt family stands! :) Let's be honest, the Sevedge's aren't tall either (except for my Dad and Sister).
Kianna will begin preschool on Tuesday! I will definitely post more after her first day. Uncle Ry-Ry and I took the girls to Open House and the girls had a great time, PLAYING! I've had to remind Kia that she won't get to play all morning, there will be some learning that has to take place. She's very excited to carry her bag each day and it's all packed for the first day.
Here are a few pictures of the last few weeks. Check back for more in the next week!




Yes, we are back in grad school and my crazy sister wants to take 15 hours in the spring instead of 12. Ain't no way! Don't I sound so educated?!
ReplyDelete