When I was pregnant with Kyle 7 years ago, (WOW), I never thought the day would come that he would be in school, public school, no less. You see, my sister and I grew up at Holy Cross and I loved every minute of it. I grew up thinking my children would follow my footsteps. Sadly, the Holy Cross I once knew is no longer. Getting back to my point….
When Kyle was born, I wasn't even thinking about school. I'm a school teacher, but I always thought he would remain a baby (those that know me, this is NOT the time to bring up my postpartum blues) or a toddler and we'd live happily ever after. Fast forward 6 years and here we have a little Kindergartner.
It's so hard to believe my first baby has been in school for 100 days and absolutely loves Kindergarten! My prayer for him is that he always has a love for school and learning. I also pray he is always surrounded by children he feels comfortable with and can grow up to be friends with many of them. I'm so proud of you, Kyle! I love you MORE!
Here is our boy with our homemade 100 days of Kindergarten shirt. Just a little side note, he goes to Gashland Elementary which is where my Dad went to school. He will follow my Dad's footsteps, which eases this Mama's mind!


No comments:
Post a Comment