We had a great Easter weekend! I think I'm getting old, but I kinda like the late Easter years because the weather was GORGEOUS this weekend and we spent most of our weekend outside. On Saturday, we went to our Church's Easter Eggstravaganza and the kids frantically searched for Easter eggs. It's funny to watch the different age groups. Kianna was more concerned about the candy inside the eggs, where Kyle wanted to collect the most eggs. Needless to say, I'm on Kyle's wavelength! You can worry about the candy later. Natalie enjoyed spectating from her stroller. Unfortunately, John is working most weekends, so I'm single parenting the weekends. I told him that next year with THREE kids hunting eggs, I'd like for him to skip work. We ran from there to baseball practice. Then we spent the day preparing for our Easter celebration the next day. My mom and I made a beautiful cake that we ate the next day.
On Sunday, we went to the early service and enjoyed breakfast afterwards. We then hunted the eggs and baskets the Easter bunny left at our house. Then it was on to eating and playing at Aunt Nerned's and Uncle Ry-Ry's house. It was very relaxing, but a nap was in order afterwards.
Anyway, here are some pictures of my munchkins on this special day.
I just realized I don't have pictures of my littles from church, so when I get those from my sister, I will post them. He has risen, He has risen, indeed! Alleluia!
P.S. I'm happy to report that I gave up sweets for Lent (although, the last time I ate sweets was on my birthday) and I succeeded! I even lost 12 pounds and feel great! It's amazing how bad sugar was making me feel. I did indulge on Easter and the next weekend, but I'm giving it up again.






No comments:
Post a Comment