Monday, June 9, 2014

Another Milestone

Kyle has been complaining about his molars hurting when I brush his teeth.  We've even had to resort to Ibuprofen a few times because his molars hurt as they were popping through.  We've definitely padded Dr. Gerry's retirement account and he had told us that once the molars pop through, he will begin losing teeth.  Sure enough, I noticed his gums turning white and then about a week later, the tooth had popped through.  It was very interesting because the tooth was there, but his tooth wasn't loose.  Then, it was loose for about 2 days and tonight my prerequisite as a teacher came into play-I.GOT.TO.PULL.OUT.HIS.TOOTH!!  (I didn't break the news that this isn't my first tooth pulling experience).

We took pictures, hid his tooth in a plastic baggie.  He doesn't want the tooth fairy to keep his tooth.  Now, the fun part....we wait and see what she leaves for him!  :)


Please ignore his eyes!  This was probably our 9th attempt at a picture.  

The kids have an appointment with Dr. Gerry on Thursday.  We are praying his adult teeth come in with enamel.  Because he was on tons of antibiotics his first year of life-they think the medicine affected his baby teeth and many of his teeth are stained and don't have enamel on them.  We've been praying for 5 years that his adult teeth will be normal and we can rest easy every 6 months.  If not, we will tackle the issues as they come!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment