Friday, February 20, 2015

Kyle and Mommy

Last weekend, Kyle and I got to enjoy a day at one of our favorite spots in Kansas City.  Kyle really enjoys going to the Coterie Theatre.  I can remember my sister and I going with the Cleary's as kids, so it's fun to now take my kids.

Kyle's teacher let him read the book, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane when we found out that it would appear at the Coterie.  Since the girls and Daddy weren't interested in going, Kyle and I made a date out of the day!

We ended up getting out of church late and Daddy wasn't home from work, so we just ventured down to Crown Center for lunch, instead of trying a new restaurant by home.  He wanted Chinese food and I opted for a salad at the Mexican restaurant.  Unlike the other shows we've attended, this show wasn't packed!  We sat in the very front row and had a great view!

Unfortunately, I'm a bad teacher and bad mommy because I haven't read the book.  I do enjoy the author, but I haven't taken the time to read this book (after I graduate, I promise).  So, I would periodically ask Kyle through the show if something was similar to the book....and he would respond, "SSSHHHHH, it's rude to talk during a show".  Well, at least I taught my boy something!  :)

We had so much fun and I'm looking forward to more one-on-one dates with my boy!

P.S.  Ignore the extra hair in one of Kyle's pic-it was the bangs of the lady behind us!








No comments:

Post a Comment