Saturday, April 12, 2014

Baseball and Kyle


As I'm sitting here at Kyle's baseball practice, it brings back a lot of summer softball memories.  You see, baseball (softball) is one of my favorite sports and I love going to cheer on the Royals, even though we are a house divided (we have a few Cardnals fans in our house).            

  Getting back to my point, we tried a different league for Kyle last year and he hated it.  The last thing I wanted to do was kill his love for the sport.  So, I made an executive decision to enroll him into NKCA-despite the financial burden we would encrue this year.  

It's very bittersweet, because this is the same league my Dad played for when he we just Kyle's age.  My Dad coached softball for my sister and me.  I've been very impressed with the coaches Kyle has.  They are teaching him more than John or I could.  I can't help but think how would my Dad help Kyle if he were still here.

After Kyle's first practice-he hopped in the car and said, "I love this, I hated last year"!  Let's hope he still feels the same way in July!  

Until next time, "BATTER'S UP"!



1 comment:

  1. Somehow seeing these pics of Kyle makes me realize just how fast time flies! I remember teaching him how to catch with his Baby Bear when he was 2... just yesterday! Dad would've had so much fun with his first baseball boy!

    ReplyDelete