Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summer Fun

Meghan and Nerned, does this title ring a bell?  It just rolled off my tongue!  

One of the perks of being a teacher is being off during the summer, but we work our tails off 10 months out of the year, so I will never apologize for being off during this time.  In between vacations, planning for VBS and applying for my Ed. Specialist degree, we've gone to a few MOMs club events, been sick, gone to the free summer movies and have enjoyed a LOT of park time and riding bikes.  

I can remember as a kid always being on my bike.  We lived close to Meadowbrook Elementary, so we rode our bikes there, to Meadowbrook park and rode all over the neighborhood.  As I've sat down to reminisce about my childhood and how times have changed, I'm not sure I will ever trust my kids to go on long bike rides, so I'm trying to find ways they can go and ride their bikes and I still be comfortable.  Our driveway isn't conducive to bike riding, so we head up to Clardy and let them ride away in the parking lot!  









I don't know how many days left before school starts and I refuse to look at a calendar, so in the meantime, CHEERS to summer!!!

1 comment:

  1. And don't forget the bike rides with Kevin in the baby seat on the back of the bike. Or the time I tried to give you a ride in the baby seat on the back of the bike. Bikes can be such great fun.

    ReplyDelete