Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Daddy/Uncle John

Despite being sick for part of the Christmas season, John was able to spend time at home with us the week after Christmas.  We didn't have many plans because John just likes to "veg" when he's off work.  Unfortunately, because of where John works and the time of year, John works most weekends. So, we slept in, made breakfast, lounged, took naps, watched football and just spent time enjoying all of us being home together.  Secretly, I enjoyed being able to workout during the day, on my terms!  :)

One of John's loves is woodworking.  He hasn't been able to enjoy this love for a few years.  A few years ago, he made bunk beds for a friend of mine and did a fabulous job.  I'm not sure his saw has even been turned on since that time.  So, when he took this time off, he said he wanted to create something for the girls.  I think I may have just lied, he did pull out his saw to create Kyle's Lego table.  So, below are his creations.  The girls just love their horses and have been playing with them all morning.  But you can see, dress-up clothes are a must when playing ANY.THING.  The first photo is the rocking chair he made for Natalie.  She loves to stand on this-are we surprised?  This is how we find her every night after her bath.  I know I can only get away with a nakey photo for a few more years!  Her chunkiness is just too cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment