We did spend a little bit of December sick, but that didn't stop our fun. After numerous efforts to disinfect our house, we are all healthy and rang in 2014 as a healthy family with friends!
A few weekends ago, we visited Santa at Crown Center. We began this tradition when Kyle was first born and have continued since. We just love Crown Center during the holidays and the lights, holiday performances, food and decorations make the trip exciting! Daddy has pictures of the kids with Santa on his phone, but I captured a few of my own.
The next day, we had Christmas service practice and Holly's birthday party. I wasn't able to capture many pictures during this, but know we had fun! The next day, the kids participated in the church Christmas Service. Kianna was a star this year and Kyle was a shepherd. He even memorized his lines. While I was in Sunday School with Natalie, Mr. David came and told me Gracie wasn't feeling well. I went over and talked to her for a bit and she told me she was hungry. We asked Mrs. Greene for some of Kia's graham crackers and then began practicing for the program. Well, it wasn't long after she ate the graham cracker that she started getting sick. I was complimented on how quickly I grabbed a trash can and got her hair out of the way. Gracie has taught me to move quick in her few short years dealing with car sickness. Needless to say, that's when the flu started spreading through our family. Later that afternoon, without Gracie, Kianna sang in her Preschool Christmas program. It was cute and I just love the innocence and child-like faith these kids have in their hearts.
The next weekend, we finished Christmas shopping with Grandma and then the stomach flu hit-so all of our plans to bake, quickly ended. But not before our family of 5 went out looking at Christmas lights. We had fun, but all of us started to feel yucky, so we headed home.
Christmas Eve and Christmas day were full of fun and lots of presents. We had TONS of trash and recycling out by the curb for the trash men this week. The day after Christmas, our families went to the Coterie Theatre to watch Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. My bigs have started to enjoy plays and this year the Coterie has some fun shows. We became spotlight members, so we were able to sit in the front row. (This is the only thing I will say about sitting on the floor). We rang in the New Year with Gracie, Holly and Dina. The kids get along so well and brings back lots of childhood memories.
As we close the 2014 year, we are all very thankful for what God has given us. We've had many stories and memories along the way. We are excited for God has planned in 2015 for our family. May your 2015 be filled with numerous blessings!







No comments:
Post a Comment