Saturday, October 4, 2014

A Childhood Memory-The Gladfest (Parade)

Growing up, I can remember looking forward to the Gladfest and the parade.  I especially loved to watch my cousins dance in the parade.  Then throughout the weekend, they danced on the main stage.  This was always a fun and memorable family outing.  

I must admit, since I've had kids, I haven't been as passionate about taking the kids to the Gladfest because other activities have been scheduled.  A few weeks ago, I took the girls to see the "Oak Park 50th Graduating Class" parade and realized just how much my kids are missing out.  

So, this morning, we bundled up, grabbed our chairs and headed out the door-oh yeah, and we brought a trash bag for our loot!  Of course, John had to work, so it was just me and the kids, but we joined Graham Cracker, Gracie, Aunt Nerned and Uncle Ry-Ry.  It was definitely cold for the adults, but the kids didn't mind as candy was thrown at them by the bundles.  



The question that remains after today is, "When can we go to another parade?"

1 comment:

  1. The Gladfest pretty much screams 'Welcome Fall' which makes me so happy! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete