Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sleeping Beauty

Since Biscuit has arrived and Kianna wants Biscuit's kennel in her room, I've been making her nap in our room.  Well, let's be honest, on my days off a nap is required for all inhabitants in the Hurt Household.  Everyone must stay in their room and it has to be quiet.  Well, Miss Kianna likes to whisper, sing, bounce, go potty, swing her arms....are you tired yet?  Putting it politely, it drives me batty and leads me to be a bit cranky.  That's when I pull out the big guns-I bribed with candy.  Yep, you read that right-I bribed with candy.  You go to sleep, you get candy!  I did offer to snuggle with her and she quickly fell to sleep, once I said the word, "CANDY".  Here she is sound asleep in my arms.  These are the days that I just love the innocence and want time to stand still!





Oh, and by the way, I bribed my 3/4th graders to clean up the room.  I even said, the fastest student will get a treat.  And it happened.....a little 3rd grader called me out on it and said, "that's bribery"!  But guess what?  The room was spotless!


1 comment:

  1. You better cherish those moments with Kia. She's such and independent sleeper... moments like this are hard to come by. So sweet! And bribery, yes, it's called incentives. No argument here.

    ReplyDelete