We had decided to adopt a puppy, so we could train the dog the way we wanted and spend a lot of years with this special puppy. I began the search for a puppy...after all, John picked out Cole for me on my 26th birthday.
I searched every website in the Kansas City area daily and my patience paid off. I found a cute, little puppy in Crocker, Missouri. Don't ask me how to get there, but Siri (on your iPhone) can get you there safely. I immediately responded with interest in Miss Kate and we adopted her that evening. She wasn't ready to be released from her foster mommy, so we had to wait 2 weeks before she was ready to be adopted.
Last Saturday, we made the trek to Crocker, Missouri and all over southern Missouri after getting lost a few times. After the 12 hour day, we arrived home and the bonding began. Miss Kate's name was changed to Biscuit (by the kids) and the exploring began. Biscuit loves to explore and play a tiny bit. Potty training is going well with the help of the vet-I think she knew I was panicked 3 days after we adopted her!
The kids aren't quite sure how to handle a puppy since she does like to nip and jump, but hopefully, she will turn into a snuggler and perfect companion friend.
Welcome to the family, Biscuit Kate Hurt!


Baby Biscuit is sure to become Big Biscuit before we know it! And I'm just sure she will fit right in!
ReplyDelete